Friday 19 April 2013

What kind of media institustion might distribute your media product and why?


I would aim to get my movie into and distributed by a mainstream company such as universal studios. The target audience would be for people who watch main stream films and that would maybe look to see what these mainstream companies are working with. In order for my film to get the audience I want I need to and getting my film to be seen by many people as possible I need it to go through a bug main stream company. Looking into my research companies such as fox and Sony did a great job in 2006 getting their films into the top 20 films of the year. Even though this statistic is a little out dated the results still kind of lay in the same form.


 

 
 
 
 
The genre of my film fits into the mainstream band best as it would be a Hollywood fit kind of film. I would aim for the film to be seen as a ‘blockbuster’ as the mainstream films have the biggest audience. Escapism is one of their main reasons to go to the cinema and they successfully draw people in due to trailers mainly the genre of the story.

 

The marketing elements would be

-          Genre

-          Attached talent (director / cast)

-          Identifiable audience

-          Date

-          Quantity

No comments:

Post a Comment