Friday 19 April 2013

Question 4 - Who would be your audience for your media project?


Due to the thriller/horror genre my main target audience is young/middle aged males. This is because of the thriller kind of feel. Also this may also be aimed at the same age women because of the chick flick feel in it too, although the genre isn’t a chick flick aspects of the film fall into that category such as the ‘dumb blonde’ and stereotyped character. This therefore means my film will get a wider audience.

I Think they type of people who would come to watch this film would be the people who would usually go to see a film that would be on edge and rather mainstream. I don’t think this movie would fit people of a younger age as it may be complicated for them with all that is going on. Also there would be an age limit of 12 maybe 15 which would create a barrier for younger views. Id set this age limit on it as I feel that’s what would be suitable. I believe this movie will be most popular in the UK and America where there are main ‘blockbusters’ and would be shown in as many cinemas as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment